Do You Suffer from PTSD?
Dr. Dan Kriegman in collaboration with researchers at Institute of OM Foundation, is conducting a research study testing the safety and effectiveness of a new meditation practice for treating PTSD. If you suffer from PTSD, consider joining the study.
What Is the Purpose of This PTSD Study?
The purpose of this study is to test the safety and efficacy of Orgasmic Meditation (OM) in persons with PTSD. This research study is evaluated by Institute of OM Foundation through the Advarra an Institutional Review Board (IRB) platform. Advarra has approved this project.
Who Is This for?
If you struggle with PTSD symptoms (nightmares. flashbacks, hypervigilance, and avoidance issues) linked to a specific event, are older than 18 years of age , and are located in Massachussetts, currently in a relationship for longer than 6 months, you may be eligible for the study.
OM Practice Instruction Is Free Through PTSD Study
- Three 15-minute practice sessions required weekly over 4 weeks
- Weekly check-in calls will be done remotely over Zoom
- Completely confidential
- No travel required
Frequently Asked Questions
Research studies are performed with volunteers and are an important process in evaluating the effectiveness of new methods to manage PTSD.
The practice is free and consists of three 15-minute sessions weekly over a 4-week period. Sessions will be done from your home. One check-in call over zoom weekly. Completely confidential. No drugs or medications. No travel required.
What Will Happen: If you agree to he in this study, you will:
- Complete questionnaires about yourself including demographic questions and questions about your medical and mental health
- Learn the practice of Orgasmic Meditation through an online application. Confidential and anonymous
- Aquire materials and start the practice of Orgasmic Meditation with your partner. Completing the practice three time per week, for 4 weeks from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Institute of OM Foundation team will set up a weekly appointment for you to check-in with Dr. Dan Kriegman weekly and monitor PTSD symptoms over Zoom.
- Complete daily surveys delivered via email.
- After 4 weeks, the meditation practice is no longer required. You will stay in the study for an additional 2 weeks completing surveys. The study will wrap at the end of 6 weeks.
- Received financial compensation for you and your partner for completion of the study.